Sunday, 22 May 2011

Valdis Story (PC) - Guest Post

Ocean returns with a look at another free rpg.

Valdis Story was something I was asked to play. As I was playing Indie RPGs, I figured why not? It's more a platformer than an RPG really but it does have levelling... I guess that's about it from what I got to play. You can download it here.

Posted Image
Very neat title screen I thought! Time to give it a whirl.

Posted Image
I guess that's where the Valdis part comes in.

Posted Image
I really don't remember taking this screen. Anyway!

Posted Image
Yeah... I'm leaving today. Gotta jump on platforms.

Posted Image
Tutorial! They're kept nice and simple. Although I don't think any of them explain to me what that sun thing in the HUD is.

Posted Image
It looks pretty nice actually. I'll stare at this tree for a little bit before I head off.

Posted Image
Now you can swing your sword around a bit!

Posted Image
I'll just sit here and enjoy the scenery a bit. I just realized I took screens after I wiped the enemies out. Whoops.

Posted Image
So here they are! This guy fires 3 arrows at you, so they're annoying.

Posted Image
Oh no, bottomless pits!

Posted Image
You can block with your sword too.

Posted Image
These guys throw acid at you. It hurts. Verrry much.

Posted Image
And then I died. Game over!

The controls are a bit weird, I thought. It's not a bad game, and I liked double jumping. I just couldn't really figure out where to go after that. I'm sure if I had more time to spend on it I'd have figured it out. But for now, that's all. Give it a try, you might like it!

In the end, I never did figure out what that sun in the HUD is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box