OhshitI'mbeingchasedbyaboulder! MOVE MOVE MOVE, WHICH BUTTON IS JUMP?? AGH!
Look at those nasty spikes, they're even harder to see when the screen's moving. I probably wouldn't have even noticed they were there at all if it wasn't for that rope giving me a path over them.
- The spikes weren't instakill.
- I haven't found any bottomless pits.
- My guy is capable of jumping gaps.
- My character isn't pushed against the right of the screen so that I can't react to enemies.
- There's no evil bird picking me up and flying me back through the level.
- I haven't had to find and traverse hidden passages by jumping into walls.
If I didn't know better, I'd almost say this might be a good platformer.
I couldn't actually get any further than this, but I think I almost kinda wanted to.
Tomorrow on Super Adventures in Gaming: The Super Nintendo Entertainment System gaming begins.