Monday 31 January 2011

Sword of Sodan (Amiga)

Okay, now I'm playing...

Uh?


Hmm.

Aha! It looks like some 80s action movie where two 80s types go onto an adventure to find the ancient and expensive Sword of Sodan. Or maybe some Indiana Jones styled movie set in the 30s.

Or not... Those graphics are interesting. Slightly less professional looking than the title screen maybe, but looks alright. Except for the trees, but who's ever going to look at them?

Ah! A game with well drawn hands CAN'T be that bad.

The fuck?

The animation is pretty terrible too, she kinda shuffles around and you're lucky if you can get her to jump when you need her to.

Oh crap. I guess I didn't want to know what level 2 looked like anyway. I've already lost half my badly drawn health bar, and I haven't managed to kill a single one of them yet.

Well, this is level two. Spikes come out of the floor so you have to be careful where you stand. And you have to keep moving around because you can't actually hit enemies if you're too close. We're just waving weapons at each other and doing nothing here. Also, why am I still playing this?

YES! Kill my character! Put me out of this misery. There wasn't even an attack animation there, I just fell over when I got too close.

Hey, they both died by accidentally stabbing themselves in the face with their own axe. What are the chances?

Level 3's boss will put an end to this for sure. I've never been any good at bosses, especially when I have to jump barrels that roll in from the right of the screen with crap controls.

Next game!

LEVEL 4 OMG. Please end! Why won't you end?


Next game next game next game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box