Monday 31 January 2011

Super C (Amiga)

ATTENTION: THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN RECLASSIFIED AS BEING 'A BIT CRAP'.
You can find my second look at the game (and its various ports) here instead: Probotector II (NES).

Time to play something respectable.

Super C, a port of the classic 1988 Konami arcade game Super Contra. Reasonably highly regarded too I believe.

Uh?

What?

Did the arcade version look this bad?

Hmm... I'll call it a tie.

Wow. This game kinda looks, well...

Like a big pile of shit.

The arcade version doesn't look great, but it does look considerable less like a pile of shit.

This doesn't even look like a professional release. Nothing about this looks even remotely professional.

Well, except maybe that tank.


Next game.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get no argument from me, all I can say in my defence is that it I wrote it way back on day 2 of the blog, when I had no idea what I wanted to do with the site and I was writing up two or three games every hour instead of every week. Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, I was an idiot.

    I actually hated this post so much that I went back to the game a year later to give it a second chance, this time playing the censored NES version with robots in it: Probotector 2 (aka Super C). I can't promise it's any more professional, but I don't remember bitching about the graphics quite as much.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box