Sunday 20 February 2011

Valis III (Genesis/Mega Drive)

Oh great, more Valis.
 
Now she doesn't even have the schoolgirl outfit! Or a sword! My only superpower now is blue hair, but it'll have to do.

Hey, you! Give me back my magic sword! I need that!

Aww she's gonna drop it off the building isn't she?

She didn't really think this through did she? I mean it's not as if you could fly in the other games, so what's the plan here? And how the hell did we get up onto that skyscraper anyway?

WHAT? She's Wonder Woman now? When did she learn to fly? When did she learn to get magic armour?

 Well, it's back to being underpowered and a bit rubbish, but I have the sword!

Alright, I'm back in action now, gonna jump over here and give this creature a mid-air swipe and... oh I fell down the bottomless pit and died.

Whuh? I thought I could fly now! I thought I'd certainly be able to jump a little further than that.

Wow, I guess not. This character is CRAP at jumping. Sure she gets a lot of height, but no forward momentum. It seems like I have to jump from the very edge of a platform, and make absolutely certain there are no enemies to hit or shoot me backwards.

Oh. Or I could just slide across.

This boss isn't so bad, I was actually able to kill the guy! No new weapon upgrades or costumes as a reward though. Instead I get a cutscene.

Oh noes!

And now the next level. Aww, it's a forest level? And I'm being attacked by jumping invisible ninjas. Yeah, I think I'm through with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box