Sunday 27 February 2011

Doomsday Warrior (SNES)

Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

No, I don't think I'll be picking a character called Grimrock. Of course if he was called Clint Grimrock, John Grimrock, or Kit Grimrock then that'd be different.

Hey it's a fighting game! This doesn't seem so bad. It's not good but it's not THAT bad. I've got a punch button, a kick button and a jump button and my health recharges if I don't take hits. You know, I think I can take this guy.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, I took him down. Hey, you can upgrade your dude between levels, putting an extra point into arms or legs etc.

Oh wow, this level is on the side of a BUILDING? But we can still jump around like we're on the ground, I don't understa...

 KTHWAAAAACKKKKK!

Okay I don't even know what's going on with that background. They've relocated the Arc de Triomphe from Paris to Eygpt, and they're using it as a Stargate into space, and we're fighting on a floating grid next to it. With balls.

I nearly beat this guy by crouching and kicking his shins, but he figured out my plan and kicked the shit out of me instead.

Awww, look at those little guys fighting it out on the game over screen. Do I want to continue?


Hmmmmmmm... no.

1 comment:

  1. This game is not good. Doesn't stop me loving it in a nostalgic way, though. I treasure my original SNES cart.

    I did like the bright colorful (and LSD inspired) battle arenas and the character personalities. My biggest gripe is the inability to select the arena in VS mode, the inability to unlock/access the bosses, and the ridiculous special moves that knock potatoes(?) out of the guy. Also, P. Lump is a chea-ass who spams his fire attack.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box