Saturday 5 February 2011

Pylo Noveau (PC) - Guest Post

Guest post by Ocean.

Ocean here, gonna try this indie game, called Pylo Noveau! Actually, I already have been playing, but I reaally don't want to replay the first 2 levels!

A rather weird looking title, and it doesn't look like the in game graphics. I suppose most titles don't, but oh well. But let's get started!... on level 3.

It shows that I am on LV. 1, and that I have a horn on my nose that I can't use to attack enemies with. But that LV. 1 actually means your Fire power. I thought higher levels would have higher ammo expense or something, but all your standard fire attacks are free. You gain fire levels as you get crystals. There's a max level of 5 but I've only been able to get it to Level 3 so far. And it resets each stage. Dammit.

Those little green guys up there are my favorite enemy, simply because of how easy they are to beat. Not like some clams that take 30000 shots to kill.

Here's the ability screen. It shows what ammo types (they're the collectable dots) I have, and how much a skill cost. Of course, the only real useful one is the recovery one on the top left, and that costs 20 Grey pieces. Those are of course the hardest to find, and I don't even recover that much from it! Boooo!

You can swim! Sometimes. Stage 2 was a Sea stage though, and then they changed the rules (at least the water looked different, but I was never informed and just thought that was a graphical change for the sake of it). But yeah, this pink clams shoot fire up, but at least they don't take as much to take down as blue clams do.

I beat the boss of this stage, and that set the next stage on fire, a la Sonic 3.

Beware of falling fire leaves. Having to worry about that, Fire on the ground, enemies and stuff is a bit of a pain. Oh I did die here. You get sent back to either the beginning of the stage, or the last checkpoint. Checkpoints are like only one per stage, and the stages are sort of long. Having to repeat all of that each time you die is a pain.

These guys on the bottom get their head on fire and run around like crazy until they fall into lava or explode after a certain time. It sounds funny, but they're likely to hit you a few times while they're doing that so it ends up being a pain more than anything else.

Mario comes to mind.

And then I die again and I just didn't want to continue anymore so I'll lose my checkpoint progress and have to redo the stage when I reload the game next time. It should at least save that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box