Tuesday 22 February 2011

688 Attack Sub (Genesis/Mega Drive)

Way to make attack submarines look boring.

Ugh, this is just like that Star Trek: Next Gen - Echoes from the Past game. So many departments and buttons and I'm not allowed to blow anything up until I've received orders.

Blah blah blah... that's fantastic. Let's just get to the gaming!

That's my boat. The USS 688! And this screen is no help to me at all.

Okay, yes this panel seems to be useful. Mr Sulu, target those sonar contacts and bring us into range.

Wait, what's all the bullshit appearing on screen now? Agh, I don't care, FIRE EVERYTHING! Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!!

Yeah, okay fine I give up. Maybe I should actually read the manual for this one.
 5.4 Ship's Control Panel:
-------------------------

Cavitation Level Gauge:
-----------------------
This gauge monitors the noise produced by cavitation. Cavitation results
from partial vacuums that form around the propeller blades when the propeller
is moving faster than the water around it can follow.
Okay whatever, I'm not reading any more of that. Next gauge!  

I mean game.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I had this game on DOS back when it was new. It came with a manual thicker than some paperbacks, and you needed to read pretty much the whole thing before you even started the game.

    I managed to destroy a few ships and subs, finish a few missions. It got pretty exciting when you could stealth along, winding your way through trenches on the ocean floor, then pop up under enemy ships and blammo.

    The game certainly had its moments, but it's probably best suited to the kind of person who watches Hunt For Red October with a clipboard, marking down inaccuracies like the wrong ducting color or warning label, then sends a snarky letter to the director detailing all the flaws.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box