Thursday 3 March 2011

Blazing Thunder (Amiga)

In my first post on this blog, I showed the title screens for three games. I just thought the title screens looked funny, I wasn't planning to show anything more from them. But people were curious so I went back and replayed them. I've already done Danger Freak and Hawkeye, and this is the last of them:

Is that Rambo with the rocket launcher, or was the picture drawn by Rambo? It does look like the kind of thing I'd imagine Rambo would draw.

Sunrise. Or maybe sunset. A transport plane flies over the jungles of somewhere.
Its contents: 1 tank, 1 protagonist.

But then! The plane is shot down by a villainous enemy tank. Fortunately our hero parachutes to safety.

He climbs out of the tank and starts opening fire on the camera.

That's the shiniest headband I've ever seen.

Ah, it's an overhead run and gun type game. I drive around in my tank shooting these little rocket launcher wielding goons. Wow, does that mean that Rambo looking guy on the title screen was actually an enemy?

This thing's not a threat now I've taken out its guns. I'll leave it there to burn a bit and think about what it's done.

Ugh, stop moving around you little bastards! You can only aim in the direction that you're moving, and you have to keep moving to avoid being shot, so you have to drive directly at whatever you want to shoot. But then you collide with it, and...

Wait. I'm driving a TANK! I can just run these assholes over! Hah!

Okay, I can't run over trucks. At least I went out with a beautiful explosion.

That's cool, I can just drive over these little posts on the floor. I'd expected to be stopped dead in my... tracks.

There's a lot of disk access going on so I'm guessing this is going to be a boss fight.

Yep.

I could think of two ways to fight this guy. I could either keep driving around the outside of the screen, occasionally turning to face the boss to get in a quick hit then quickly driving off. Or I could drive right into him and explode, and skip this boring fight. Plan B was a total success.

Man that guy has a huge mouth.

Level two, similar to the first but with water! That helicopter must be tiny, there's no way you could fit a pilot in there.

It's always nice to see waterfalls. Hmm, is that a scrunched up piece of brown paper I see to my left, or a fire pick up?

FLAMETHROWER! They don't want none of this.

Awesome, a 1up, and just in time too. I'm out of lives and I doubt I could take another hit.

Son of a BITCH! I was right there... I could almost touch it.

Well I didn't want to play any more of it anyway. It's probably the best out of the three games, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.


Next game.

1 comment:

  1. These games were made by some damn amateurs 😬 How can somebody release this child made like game as a commercial title?

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box