Sunday 27 March 2011

Gourmet Sentai: Bara Yarou (SNES)

It says... gurumesentai barayarou. I think.

 Scientists... up to something.

 Wow, I have no idea. It looks cool though.

Bonzyuuru, Madomoazeru and Torebiaan is my best guess, though I'm terrible at Japanese. Is that supposed to be Bonjour, Mademoiselle and Très Bien? Whatever, I went with the middle one.

Hey, it's a side scrolling beat 'em up. Wow, she's really leaning back there.

There's a POSE button? Eight directions of poses! Well I suppose you don't wear an outfit like for its combat functionality...

Grab!

Punch!

Kick!

And... clone? Hey, I've found a computer controlled doppelgänger! That's a pretty damn good idea I think. 'Bunshin' is what seems to be written over her health bar, but I shall call her 'Dark Clonewoman'. She's pretty useful to have around in a fight, though she really likes to pose.

Yep. That's a weird looking boss. Also, apparently invulnerable when she freaks out like that. I'll let Dark handle her while I have a bit of a lie down.

Clonewoman, no! She's taken out my clone! Now it's all up to me.

Check out my health bar (top left). That is the luckiest win ever.

To celebrate that glorious victory, we shall dine. You get to choose a pair of ingredients from all the food you've collected from the preceding level to mix together. What you combine determines the meal you receive. Incidentally, that is a downright badass looking cooking robot thing.

Next level! Clonewoman's back, or at least a clone of Clonewoman. I'll call her Dark Clonewoman II. (She's hiding.)

These little dudes are crazy. There's two of them there piloting the heads, one's carrying in a landmine, and I'm sure once I saw one come in and start doing a Russian dance while playing the Tetris music. Until I stepped on him.

The game is pretty well made, definitely not something I'd call bad... but playing it on my own I got so bored here that I turned it off. Maybe it'd come alive with two players though.

1 comment:

Semi-Random Game Box