Monday 21 March 2011

Lucky Luke (SNES)

Another cowboy shooter?

This language select screen is annoying. Instead of pressing on the d-pad to change the flag, you have to press a button. I pressed the wrong one and ended up with French and had to reset.

Didn't they make a movie about going to Yuma?

Yeah whatever, don't care. The game has some nice cartoony art so far. Apparently it's based on a famous comic book that I've never heard of.

Hey, a platformer. How unusual. Unlike most of these run and gun type games your weapon only has a few shots in it, so you've got to be more careful about making your shots count.

This guy's actually pretty good with his gun. He's quick on the draw...

And can fire in all kinds of directions.

Hmm, this bale of hay could make a good counter weight for that see saw down there. It may only be hay, but I'm a really skinny guy, so it'll probably catapult me into the air just fine. Probably.

Okay fine I'm just looking for an excuse to diagonally shoot something.

A bit of blind nonchalant backwards diagonal bird shooting. Don't worry, he's a tough bird, he can take it. I'll show you later.

Hello sir, you requested my gunslinging expertise? You want me to get some dynamite, BACKTRACK through the level, and blow up a well so I can rescue a guy inside? Well you can fuck off, if there's one thing this cowboy hates, it's backtracking.

And then I get killed by accidentally blowing myself up while seeing what the dynamite does and reappear back at the start.

Well, I guess if I'm over here I might as well do that damn job for the guy.

Another wall to blast, and some dynamite right next to it! This is almost TOO easy.

Wow. That's a big badge. Well, that's the guy rescued, off I go back up then.

On the way back to the bank I decided to take the top route, using the bird as a stepping stone. Told you he was a tough bird, and useful!

Not like those other video game birds... hateful flying pests.

Oh crap! If I can just grab my pistol in time...

I guess that's the end of that then.


Next game.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this game the graphics are nice the music is really good on the later levels the controls are responsive and overall its a great experiance. Lucky Luke is a really popular comic in Europe like Asterix and they are created by the same guy. If you ever get the chance read one the humor is great. I highly recomend the comics.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box