Friday 1 April 2011

Seifuku Densetsu: Pretty Fighter (SNES)

I think the katakana says 'pretty fighter'. Ugh, this is going to be a fighting game with teen girls isn't it?

Signs point to 'yes'. I can't be certain, but I'm guessing this is the player select screen. At least it looks like the fighters are old enough to have jobs.

I went with the shortest of the girls, because I figured I might as well give the computer player a chance. Seems like this girl we're fighting is either an escaped mental patient, or she does judo.

Whoa, they're both wearing protective gear! Here I was all looking down on the game, when so far it's one of the most realistic fighters ever! Except for the teen girls fighting on a baseball field bit.

Don't you hate it when you're in the lead and you're building momentum, but suddenly you have to stop because you're craving a banana?

Damn this girl has long legs too. The other girl is winning, but only slightly. If I can just chip a little more off her health I can wait out the timer and win this.

Hey, I actually won! Onto the next fight.

Look at the timer, that's within the first second! This woman is fast. The whole game is pretty fast actually.

Damn that woman likes her throws. It's been two seconds and I've been thrown twice. But now I know what I'm dealing with, I can...

Oh come on! It's been THREE SECONDS.

Stop throwing me, stop throwing me, stop throwing me!

And then I lost. To be honest, that's one of the better made fighters I've played recently. Though that just means it's better than games like Eternal Champions and Doomsday Warrior. I don't know enough to judge it on a technical level, but it moves fast, it's responsive, and it doesn't look like total ass.


Next game.

2 comments:

  1. Title translation: Dictionary: Pretty Fighter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty much. I wonder if it's a pun.

      Stick the kanji into Google translate instead of the Romaji though and you get Uniform Legend: Pretty Fighter, which just makes the game seem worse.

      Delete

Semi-Random Game Box