Sunday 17 April 2011

Steel Talons (SNES)

Does that bird have rotor blades sticking out of its head?

Apparently the Steel Talons are all clones. This has really bad music by the way.

I bet that's John standing there on the right, the cocky smug git. This screen is just showing off the high scores, so why is there a name entry panel underneath?

Is that a real helicopter? I'm guessing not but I could be wrong. I switched real mode to 'no', because I was worried it might be a little too real for me.

Destroy all targets? Hell yeah, just mark them on the map and I'll blown them all to pieces.

Huh, is that a mountain or a pyramid? Are we fighting over the grassy fields of Giza? 

I wish this thing would steer a little better. It's not as nimble as I'd expect a helicopter to be.

Yes, another target down! For some reason getting hit by enemy fire costs me fuel, but I'll probably be alright.

Uh, turn? Or slow down, whatever works for you! OBEY ME, stupid helicopter.

Agh, took a bit of a hit there, but we're okay. Only five targets left, I'll try not to collide with anything else while I'm shooting at them.

Is that a metal storage tank? I guess this target's not going to be much of a challenge.

Only a tank to go, easy. I'll take him down with the gun, I don't even need to waste missiles. And then back to base! It shouldn't take me long, this map is tiny.

The pyramid came out of nowhere! Okay, I'm blaming momentum for this one.

I finally make it back to base, without further incident.

A minute too slow? Man, fuck you guys. I didn't want to be a Steel Talon anyway.


Next game.

1 comment:

  1. Played this game in an arcade.
    The cabinet Atari made even had force feedback hammering at your butt when being shot.

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box