Monday 31 January 2011

Charlie J Cool (Amiga)

 Wow. With a name like that I'm predicting this will be a masterpiece of game design.

Aww, he's like a little Conrad B Hart (from Flashback), except with shades! To make him EXTRA cool!

Well okay I have to admit that this has silky smooth gameplay, and the character controls well, and it's all very well animated. Maybe this ISN'T a bad game after all? Y'know, for a Mario clone that doesn't star Mario.

 Agh, no, don't do that! Bad game!

This is an example of good game design right here. When you have a blind leap of faith in a platform game, use coins or whatever to indicate the safe path for the player so he doesn't have to worry about falling to his death.

 SON OF A BITCH! You lied to me game.

 Aha! The end of the level, I just need to walk past this guy and I've won.

Okay lets try that again, with less cockiness.

And as I completed the level I realised, for all its flaws... this might actually be the best platformer I've played today. It's a solid well made, admittedly budget grade, game with a couple of level design flaws.


Next game.

1 comment:

  1. I like it, it's a very good Mario clone. The only con is the main character itself. It would be more cute, a kid girl or boy. Because I ask this over and over: What is this guy doing here?

    ReplyDelete

Semi-Random Game Box