Friday 9 September 2011

Golgo 13 (SG-1000)

This is based on a famous anime series that I know next to nothing about. Though I'm fairly sure this guy is a sniper.

The SG-1000 is Sega's earliest console, predating even the ancient Master System, so to be honest I was expecting this to look worse.

Well the trains are hurtling down the rails, I'm chasing them in my car, action music is playing... but I have no targets. There's just nothing coming up for me to shoot.

Oh hang on, I shot one of the windows and a guy jumped out and started running.

Nailed it! No, wait, he's still alive! Damn.

I wish these train cars would get out of my way while I'm trying to shoot people. The bullets just ricochet off harmlessly.

The harmless ricocheting bullet just bounced back and blew up my car!

Okay I got a new car and I'm back, and still totally failing to kill anyone. I'm starting to run out of windows.

Last window, shooting it out is all I can do.

Well, uh, okay. It turns out my job is to shoot out train windows so that the people can jump out.

I guess it's a runaway train about to drive into a truck full of explosives. And all the passengers are locked in their rooms, with a single sealed window their only escape route.

Damn, now there's cars on the road too! Fortunately they sound their horn to let me know they're going to be driving in my way, but it's still pretty inconsiderate.

I seriously need to get hold of a car made out of the same stuff their cars are made from. It seems that everything in this game is indestructible except for train windows and my car.

Great, now I've got helicopters dropping bombs on me? These must have been the people who sabotaged all these trains! For some reason!

The crosshairs jump down when obstacles get in my way, which threw me off the first few times because I was trying to move it back in place manually. Turns out that they indicate the path the bullet will take, so if I just wait for the van to get out of the way I'll be aiming at the train again.

Damn helicopters and their bombs. I'm trying to catch up to a train here, but I keep having to dodge the bombs instead.

I really wish there was a way to blow up these bloody helicopters.

Oh. I can just shoot them and they explode. I just assumed I couldn't.

Well, uh, okay I'll go back to shooting out windows then.

Oh come on, that was a hit. I've got less than a minute left so I'm going to have to speed this up and take some risks.

I blew up my last car! Well the game probably just carried on forever anyway.


Next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box