Sunday 6 November 2011

Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000 (32X)

I'm not sure what's going on there, but it has explosions so surely it can't be that bad.

This seems to be an isometric shoot 'em up. I'm in that big spacefighter to the left.

Wait, now I'm in this little tiny thing! What happened to the big fighter, did I eject or something?

Oh crap, robots! And they're much bigger than me now.

Hey, this thing looks like my colour.

AHA! That's right, I've stolen it. Now I have some real weaponry.

Uh, I think I'm gonna need bigger guns.

I slipped past it, but then I was crushed by this scaffolding falling out of nowhere! One hit kill.

Now I'm all the way back at the giant robot again, plus I've lost my ride. Son of a bitch.

I remembered where I had to go to dodge the debris this time. All three pieces. Now I've only got tiny robots to deal with.

What, this guy again? You've gotta be shitting me.


And then... I fell off the level. Seriously. Screw this game.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever want to play this game's spiritual (or actual, who knows?) successor, you can try Viewpoint. It's much prettier and there's a few different versions, the best ones probably being on the Neo Geo and Playstation (never played that one, though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Zaxxon didn't really inspire any great interest in the isometric shooter genre for me. Though on the other hand Viewpoint DOES have some nice graphics, so maybe I'll give it a look.

      Delete

Semi-Random Game Box